Monday, January 4, 2016

My Finest Craft (so far;) - Double Ruffle Burlap Tree Skirt

Before I decided to make wreaths and sell them, I ordered a Brother sewing machine from Bed Bath & Beyond with the last of my wedding gift cards. I needed some sort of project to get to know my machine, so I undertook making a Christmas Tree Skirt for a co-worker. Little did I know 1) how long it would really take to create 2) how much I wouldn't want to give it to her when I was done because I loved it so much!!! But, since she paid for all the materials, I figured it was only fair. I now have planned in my mind to make one for myself - but until that time, here are pictures of the one I did complete. What you can't see is that it is fully backed with a muslin type material and the ribbons are even hemmed. This tree skirt was my baby! Behold...




~Rachael Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment